Senior Database Administrator
Orlando — Client Services
At Radixx we believe in the powerful fusion of technology and people. We hire the brightest minds at all career levels to help us shape the future of airline technology. We offer global careers in a truly diverse environment with commitment to giving our people development, long-term growth and excellent benefits.
The Senior Database Administrator (Sr DBA) will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical Oracle Database systems, ensuring high availability and consistent performance of our mission-critical applications in a service provider model. This is a hybrid hands-on and strategic position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent planning, interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the Oracle databases ensuring operational readiness (security, health and performance), development and maintenance of GoldenGate implementation, performing system refreshes using RMAN and Data Pump. The right candidate will be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Work with architects and application development teams to ensure a stable and highly available and performant database environment
- Set strategic direction and identify tasks to implement solutions
- Maximize database availability and performance to meet or exceed defined SLA's
- Assist as needed in investigating, troubleshooting and resolving database incidents/problems
- Provide tier 2-3 level on call support
- Identify opportunities for performance improvements, process improvements and cost reductions
- Consult with IT personnel to resolve database related questions and/or concerns
- Provide knowledge and recommendations on database performance and SQL tuning, security, backup/recovery, and more
- Define IT / DBA policies and procedures
- Maintain information and currency of content in the DBA knowledge forum
- Provide incident summary information for consumption by internal and client teams
- Provide technical direction to others, including application developers
- Provide database education to large groups of application developers or other resources
- 7+ years’ experience administering multiple Oracle databases in an enterprise environment
- Strong experience with leading major database projects, including setting direction, identifying & implementing project tasks
- Strong experience with troubleshooting, resolving and documenting database issues
- Proven experience in: o SQL PL/SQL Programming including the development of complex queries, procedures and packages
- Managing Oracle Databases in a high transaction volume environment
- RDBMS and Oracle DB concepts
- Oracle Enterprise Linux operating systems
- Oracle Active Data guard (Physical Standby)
- Oracle Goldengate
- Oracle Partitioning
- Oracle RAC
- Oracle Multitenant
- Oracle 12c - installations, upgrades and security patches
- GRID 12c/13c installations and implementations
We believe in the powerful fusion of technology and people. We hire the brightest minds in the industry. And we take care of them.
Date Posted: December 12, 2018
Position Type: Full Time
Radixx celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.